It’s National Voter Education Week! Voter education is a key part of mobilizing voters and bringing our values to the polls. And as an electoral organizer, I know that conversations win the day. When we talk about our values, share key voting information, and support people at the polls, we are building active and powerful communities. With UU the Vote, we flex this power on Election Day and beyond!
Celebrate National Voter Education Week and help us build the power we need to Vote Love and Defeat Hate in 2022 by taking 4 actions before November 8!
There are only 31 days left until Election Day and we need more of us joining the work to #VoteLove and #DefeatHate. On this final day of National Voter Education Week, I have 3 asks:
- Voters need to hear from you! Sign up for the next phone bank on Saturday, October 8 at 5:30-8:30pm/2:30-5:30pm PT. Join UU the Vote and Kentucky UU Justice Action Network as we partner with Kentucky Democracy Project to hear from Kentuckians with felonies in their past about regaining their right to vote. We need to double our phone banking in order to reach voters in Michigan, Georgia, Kentucky, and Wisconsin. We know that talking to voters about voting rights and abortion ballot measures is key to transforming these states towards justice and building up the capacity to ensure that every vote is counted.
- Become a Poll Worker today! Our democracy depends on ordinary people who make sure every election runs smoothly and everyone’s vote is counted. At Power the Polls, we believe voting should be a positive, empowering experience for everyone—and we’re on a national, nonpartisan mission to recruit the next generation of poll workers to help make that a reality.
Urgent NEED for Poll Workers in the following counties:
- Waller County, TX: Additional poll workers needed.
- Breckinridge County, KY: ~10 additional poll workers needed.
- Town of Farmington in Washington County, WI: ~12 additional poll workers needed.
- Fund more calls and grassroots actions! Donate today! Voter education is key in an environment of voter suppression and disinformation. Our phonebanks and Fall Flex Days of Action have allowed us to reach communities in our focus states. Today begins our Kentucky Weekend of Action. Before November 8, we’re hitting Arizona, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania.
- Everything you need to know about the 2022 Midterms. Join us for the Meeting the Moment Political Education Series. Stay informed about the 2022 election landscape and how what we do in the next 31 days will shape our communities.
- Civics 101 – October 9
- Faith as an Organizing Tool– October 23
- Getting Out The Vote – November 6
JaZahn Hicks, UU the Vote Campaign Manager
SAVE THE DATES
November 17, 2022: It Ain’t Over: Democracy Beyond Election Day
Thursday, December 2: Good Trouble Congregations Celebrations and Final Number Announcement