Thanks and congratulations to our UU the Vote community! You were part of the historic efforts this electoral season to protect and expand democracy. But it’s not over.
With our partners in Georgia, we helped build a groundswell of Georgia voters that has forced an historic runoff in January for two US Senate seats. Right now, we need to increase our efforts to support Georgia voters and partners to carry this work forward to the January 5 runoff election. Scroll down for a list of events, trainings, and weekly phonebanks through January 3.
Every day counts. Help us mobilize Georgia voters!
- December 7: Voter Registration Deadline
- December 14: Early Voting Begins
- December 15: Request Your Absentee Ballot by this date
- January 5: Election Day
Georgia Office Hours
Want to learn how you can get involved? Have questions? Want the latest on UU activity in Georgia? Join us for our weekly Office Hours, Sundays, 3-4 pm ET.
Relational Organizing in Georgia
Georgia residents and those who know Georgia residents, join our Empower team and get reminders and coaching for reaching out to your friends and family ahead of the registration, early voting, and election day deadlines. Check out our FAQ on Empower and early voting.
We are just weeks away from another historic election. The Georgia Senate runoff election on January 5th will have major impacts on LGBTQ+ communities in Georgia and across the country. Let’s make sure LGBTQ+ and allies have what they need to cast their vote in this critical race. Join us for a rally and relational organizing training to get out the vote in your Georgia networks!
Join us for Peaches & Pride: a live virtual event for LGBTQ+ Georgians!
Sponsored by the national UU the Vote team, UUA, Georgia UU congregations, and Georgia Equality, this rally will feature Atlanta DJ Roc No Roll, our favorite MCs Rev. Michael Crumpler and Drag Queen Francesca, a special performance from Latrice Royale from RuPaul’s Drag Race, plus many more surprise celebrity guests from television, drag, and Broadway!
Pulitzer Prize winning poet, Jericho Brown, will offer words of inspiration and grounding.
Working with partners in Georgia, we have a variety of phonebanks in December through January 3. Find everything you might need to jump in: script, instructional videos, FAQ, and more!
Join Our Phonebanks on Sundays and Thursdays!
UU the Vote is partnering with Reclaim Our Vote and Black and LGBTQ-led groups, and organizing a coalition of UU congregations and organizations to mobilize and support Georgia voters.
- Thursday, 12/10 at 6-9pm ET, an LGBTQ+ GOTV phonebank w Georgia Equality & UUA LGBTQ & Multicultural Programs
- Sunday, 12/13 at 4-6pm ET with UU the Vote & UU Congregation of Atlanta
- Thursday, 12/17 at 7-9pm ET, sponsored by NC UU Justice Ministry Forward Together & All Souls Unitarian DC Reeb Project
- Sunday, 12/20 at 4-6pm ET, sponsored by UU Mass Action and UUSJ (UUs for Social Justice): UU Advocacy in the Nation’s Capital
- Sunday, 1/3 at 4-6 pm ET, sponsored by the UUA Poor People’s Campaign Leadership Council and UUSJ (UUs for Social Justice)